Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday - Stories and illustrations for children - Fairy houses




While traveling last summer we stopped at a ceramic place that had maps so that you could locate the fairy doors that were scattered all over the building.  I loved the idea and decided that I would make a fairy door some day and some fairy/elf/gnome houses.

This is one of my first fairy homes. The door doubles as steps into the house. The learning curve was how to change a thrift store small decorative birdhouse into a house with a door and then how to make a door to fill the empty spot.

I used a water resistant wood glue for the wood areas and E-6000 for the rocks. I bought water resistant Patio Paint (available in 2 OZ containers at Ben Franklin, small brass screws and wood hearts.

This has been so much fun. A final photo and full directions will follow including photos of my mini-garden. So come back and visit. This would be a great winter project so everything will be ready for your elves, gnomes, and fairies to move in this coming spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment