Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Sunday Funnies - Labor Day 2014


Labor Day 2014
There is transition in the air. The nights are coming sooner. I have found leaves with a faint touch of color to them on my driveway. A few leaves have gently drifted down to rest like solemn boats upon the water in the birdbath. Every store has a sale on markers, crayons, pencils, and glue. School starts this week and life will change.

Late nights will become early mornings. Backpacks will be organized and lunches packed and another grandchild will go off to school. Like leaves falling from trees this is a time of letting go. Many days I feel my age and have a strong sense of the passing of time. How fast it has all gone by.

My Mom, I prayed for a wonderful summer for her. She was an outdoor girl with blond braids on a farm with a bucket in each hand, a young nursing student, a bride, a mother, a grandmother and a great grandmother to five. At 89 she is beginning to fade. My hope is that she will get to revel in the colors of autumn and the wonderful days of Indian summer and the sun on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment